Just released, 52,429 records for the Borough of Ealing in the west of London for the period just prior to the First World War. This area consists of the seven major towns of Acton, Ealing, Greenford, Hanwell, Northolt, Perivale and Southall as well as the area of Hayes, Norwood and part of Hammersmith. The records give details of houses and other buildings.
Use these land tax records, in conjunction with the census, street directories etc to build a picture of the environment. You can:
● Search for a person by name
● Search by county, parish and street
● Discover descriptions and values of the houses occupied by an ancestor
● Zoom down on the map to show the individual properties as they were in the 1910s
● Use the controls to reveal a modern street map or satellite view underlay
Find out more about The Lloyd George Domesday Survey.