The December issue of UK Family Tree Magazine is now available, including through PressReader at the OPL website. It includes another climate-related article by Calgary genealogist Wayne Shepheard.
Dive in and unravel the mysteries in our bumper end-of-year family history quiz. Family Tree Academy tutor David Annal has laid down the gauntlet, with 25 intriguing genealogy questions. It’s time to see how much you know about family history!
Plus learn how to ‘interview’ your ancestors (yes even those no longer with us) with professional researcher and blogger Susie Douglas’s intriguing and practical tips for writing up your family history.
And learn about the diligent folk who have been responsible our birth, marriage and death certificate details since 1837.
Also inside this issue:
– Rachel Bellerby reports on the latest news from the world of family history
– The impact of the Laki eruptions: Wayne Shepheard considers our ancestors and the events of pan-continental environmental catastrophe in the late 1700s
– Tales from the City of the Dead: Drs Anna Maria Barry and Fiona Snailham share stories from Highgate Cemetery – a place where social status could continue, even beyond the grave
– Paul Chiddicks rounds off a memorable year with a selection of stories with a family history festive twist
– Books & Gifts: Ideas to pop on your wish list or treat yourself too
– In the latest installment of Twiglets, Gill Shaw ponders on the poignant question of ‘Who survived to adulthood?’
– DNA advisor Karen Evans comes to the aid of a reader trying to solve a long-standing great-grandfather brickwall
– School records: Simon Wills reports on a selection of education related sources
– Spotlight on: Borders Family History Society has been helping people trace family for 35 years
– Diane Lindsay looks into an ancestor’s eyes and brings them to life in her inimitable way
– And: Your Questions Answered, Dates for your Diary this November, & Readers’ Letters.