A new series, the 19th, is coming to BBC starting in late May. The subjects, most mean nothing to me, are:
- Sue Perkins – best known for presenting The Great British Bake Off and being one half of the comedy duo Mel and Sue, Perkins discovers more about her great grandfather’s experience during the First World War, whilst also learning of a poignant tale of her German ancestors plight during the Second World War.
- Richard Osman – the TV quiz-show presenter and novelist finds out more about his maternal grandfather and uncovers a story of an intriguing murder case.
- Matt Lucas – the comedian and presenter delves into the history of his maternal grandmother who came to Britain in 1939.
- Anna Maxwell Martin – the Line of Duty actor travels to Scotland and Ireland to explore her ancestry and learns more about a family tragedy.
- Ralf Little – the Manchester-born actor, famous for appearing in The Royle Family and Death in Paradise, discovers more about a talented footballer ancestor, echoing his own career as a semi-professional before he went into acting.
I hope to get to see them some day.